How long does it take for Transport Focus to deal with my complaint?
If you contact us in writing (via our website, email, post or fax):
- we will aim to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence within five working days of receiving it
- if you contacted us before contacting the train company concerned, we will forward your complaint to them and ask them to respond to you direct. We will do this within five working days
- if you want us to make a representation on your behalf to a train company, we will investigate your complaint with the train company concerned and will aim to respond to you with the outcome within 35 working days. If this is not possible then we will keep you informed about what we are doing.
If you contact us by telephone, we:
- aim to answer at least 95% of telephone calls that we receive during our opening hours, with at least 85% answered by a live operator within 20 seconds
- will handle your call in a professional, polite and helpful manner
- will keep you informed during the course of the call and explain what we are doing if we have to put you on hold
- will return your call within 24 hours, if you can’t get through to an advisor and you leave us a message, or when we are next open for business.
Complaints and advice